- Use a text input when unique information is required that cannot be predicted with a preset of options.
- The length of the input should be aligned with the content that the user is expected to enter
- Use the placeholder text to guide the user on what type of data or format is needed, but never to communicate critical information.
- Text area inputs are mostly used to enter plain text descriptions and long text in forms.
- The input might grow automatically wrapping the text onto a new line when it overflows, or allow the user to resize the box as needed.